By booking an appointment with me and paying my invoice, you are agreeing to the following:
- No images or services shall be provided before the payment of my invoice is made in full.
- The chosen date and time of your shoot is not confirmed until payment is received.
- There is no guarantee of the number of images presented from a session. Many factors contribute to this, including the cooperativeness of the subject.
- As an artist, I reserve the right to interpret what I see and to choose how I photograph a scene. Images presented to the client are the only images available.
- I shall be granted creative and artistic license in relation to the choice of locations and poses used. It shall be within my sole and exclusive discretion and judgement to determine photographic style and the number of photographs taken. Some photographs may not be possible due to changes of the weather and the availability and willingness of subjects. I will do my best to honour requested photographs but shall not under any circumstances warranty or guarantee any specific picture nor incorporate any specific background or location. I shall use my sole artistic and professional judgement when selecting equipment and deciding upon factors such as composition, lighting and photographic style.
- If the client is more than 10 minutes late for a shoot and has made no contact with the photographer (email, text or phone call), the session will be considered cancelled and the fee will be lost.
- I agree that Lauren Psyk may use the images with or without my name for any lawful purposes, including but not limited to: publicity, illustration, advertising, and web content.
- Any and all orders for images must be made within 60 days of your photo shoot. Once the order has been received, unless otherwise specified (and agreed upon with the photographer), all the originals will be discarded and no other images will be available to order. If prices per images or prints shall change, the client must pay the current prices at the date that the order is made.
- If the 60 days have passed, at the photographer’s discretion (if the RAW files are still accessible), the gallery can be re-opened for a maximum of 1 week.
SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
- You are free to share any of your final photos on any social media platforms. You agree not to alter/apply filters to the photos. Giving credit as 'Photo by Lauren Psyk (@laurenpsyk)' when posting on social media is appreciated.
DISPLAY RIGHTS & MODEL RELEASE
- Upon paying the invoice, client grants Lauren Psyk all rights for display, broadcast, exhibition, promotion and advertising use of all images produced under this contract, unless otherwise stated in writing by client. All photos remain the exclusive property of Lauren Psyk.
- The client shall pay the fee upon booking the session to the photographer to perform the services specified herein. This amount is payable via bank transfer or debit/credit card (Visa or MasterCard). The booking is only confirmed once the photographer receives the payment.
- The photographer is not able to ‘reserve ‘or ‘hold’ slots for photo shoots before payment is received. I receive a lot of enquiries and operate a ‘first come first served’ policy whereby payment for a shoot confirms a booking. This means that unless the fee is paid promptly at the time of your booking, I cannot guarantee the chosen date and time for your photo shoot will remain available and the slot may be offered to another client. In such a case, you will be offered the next available slot.
POSTPONEMENT & CANCELLATION
- The fee for the photo shoot is fully refundable up to 7 days prior to the photo session. If the client cancels less than 7 days before a photo shoot, the fee for the shoot is non-refundable, and the client will be able to reschedule the session at a convenient time for both parties. The rescheduled session must take place within 9 months of cancelling or postponing your session. There is no additional fee to pay in the event of postponement due to weather.
COPYRIGHT & REPRODUCTIONS
- The Photographer shall own the copyright in all images created and shall have the exclusive right to make reproductions. The Photographer shall only make reproductions for the Client or for the Photographer’s portfolio, samples, self-promotions, entry in photographic contests or art exhibitions, editorial use, or for display at the Photographer’s studio. If the Photographer desires to make other uses, the Photographer shall not do so without first obtaining the written permission of the Client.
- The Client is obtaining digital files for personal use only (including self promotion on Client’s website and social media), and shall not sell prints or the digital files or authorise any reproductions thereof by parties other than the Photographer. If the digital images will be used in publications such as newspapers, magazines or blogs the photographer shall be credited with “Photo taken by/Photo credit: Lauren Psyk @laurenpsyk”.
FAILURE TO PERFORM
- If the Photographer cannot perform this agreement due to a fire or other casualty, strike, acts of God, or other cause beyond the control of the parties, or due to the Photographer’s illness, then the Photographer shall return the fee to the Client, but shall have no further liability with respect to the agreement. This limitation on liability shall also apply in the event that photographic materials are damaged in processing, lost through camera or computer malfunction, lost in the mail, or otherwise lost or damaged without fault on the part of the Photographer. In the event the Photographer fails to perform for any other reason, the Photographer shall not be liable for any amount in excess of the retail value of the Client’s order.
PRICE & PACKAGES
- The charges in this agreement are based on the current session fees. The session fee is adjusted periodically and future sessions shall be charged at the prices in effect at the time when the session is booked.
It should be noted that due to the current pandemic (or any future pandemic) any pre-booked photoshoot that has to be cancelled or postponed due to government regulations will not be refunded. The fee can be transferred towards any future photoshoots.
I, the client, knowingly and willingly consent to a photography session with Lauren Psyk.
I understand the COVID-19 virus has a long incubation period during which carriers of the virus may not show any signs or symptoms and still be highly contagious. I understand Lauren Psyk photographer will take all precautions suggested with COVID-19 prevention but it is impossible to determine who has it and who does not given the current limitations in virus testing. I understand that should I be diagnosed to be COVID-19 positive within 14 days following my session with Lauren Psyk, I will contact Lauren Psyk to let them know of my positive diagnosis.
I release Lauren Psyk from any and all liability associated with receiving a COVID-19 positive diagnosis following our session.
I confirm that I am not presenting any of the following symptoms of COVID-19.
*Shortness of breath
*Loss of smell or taste
Should I present with any of these symptoms, 14 days prior up to the day of my scheduled session, I will contact Lauren Psyk to reschedule my session.
I understand that Lauren Psyk reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any session at any point in time due to COVID-19 implemented regulations, health concerns, possible exposure, or arising symptoms of COVID-19, and is not liable for any costs accrued by the client (i.e. hair and make-up appointments, outfits, props, etc.) in association with my session.